Sunday, March 29, 2009

Game Plan 3/30 - On Second Thought...

Check out the longer term S&P trend here:

2009-03-29_0027.png

I made a bullish call when looking at the short trend term trend in consideration of this chart, from this post.

Look at the bigger picture. Longer term, we are still in a downtrend. My trading system (which I'm still developing) would state:

  • On a short term to stay bullish since we're hitting resistance on the bottom of a recent channel, and we've had no evidence of losing that trend. There was some selling on friday, but on very light volume. Bet with the trend, get long.
  • On a longer term, get short pretty soon. We're at the top of a long term channel, as well as sitting at some strong resistance. There's going to be a good amount of congestion to any upside, anyways.
  • The Textbook even states that there is no "mechanical” index or combination of indexes which will always, automatically, without ever failing or going wrong, give warning of a change in trend; "such, in our experience, are often confusing and sometimes downright deceptive at a most critical juncture."" pg 9

I expect the market to break down from this top channel, as the stronger, over-riding trend. Fundamentals haven't changed (or at least, haven't changed for the better). Yet, we've just seen one hell of a rally.

I'm changing my outlook to monday to NEUTRAL. I will get rid of my long position and see what happens. If we bounce down again, I'll reconsider each time frame and make my decision from there.


No comments:

Post a Comment

 



script type="text/javascript"> var gaJsHost = (("https:" == document.location.protocol) ? "https://ssl." : "http://www."); document.write(unescape("%3Cscript src='" + gaJsHost + "google-analytics.com/ga.js' type='text/javascript'%3E%3C/script%3E"));