Sunday, March 29, 2009

Chart Addict's Wisdom

from a post in the PPT. this guy was talking about losing a huge amount of money in the stock market as an 18 year old, and the mental anguish which ensued:

"How could this have happened to me? Well, it’s simple. I was human. I did the humanly thing and I made every mistake that traders made. I don’t produce double-digit monthly gains (on most months) because I’m “good”. I came from a road full of disappointment, regret, and losses, and that paved the way for me to improve myself. I made the choice to become a professional trader long before I became one."



"
Take the losses early on and learn from them. I like the whole blog idea or keeping a trading journal because it allows you to document what happens in the market and in yourself every day. If you don’t keep any record of some sort, then you are guaranteed to make the same mistakes over and over again. Keep a journal or writing in a blog should part of every trader’s after-hours review process."


"Improving yourself slowly bridges the gap between making trading a hobby vs. making trading a professional career and a business. It’s a process that develops over many years."


His public blog can be found here. Thanks Chart Addict!

No comments:

Post a Comment

 



script type="text/javascript"> var gaJsHost = (("https:" == document.location.protocol) ? "https://ssl." : "http://www."); document.write(unescape("%3Cscript src='" + gaJsHost + "google-analytics.com/ga.js' type='text/javascript'%3E%3C/script%3E"));